Hello and welcome to another issue of This Week in Rust! Rust is a systems language pursuing the trifecta: safety, concurrency, and speed. This is a weekly summary of its progress and community. Want something mentioned? Send me an email! Want to get involved? We love contributions.
Now you can follow breaking changes as they happen!
- Fixed-size byte string literals. RFC.
- allow inherent implementations on primitives, remove some extension traits.
- Deprecate range, range_step, count, distributions.
- Remove old_io and old_path from the prelude.
- Require braces when a closure has an explicit return type.
- Johannes Oertel
- Paul ADENOT
- Sae-bom Kim
- Tero Hänninen
- RFC 529: Generic conversion traits.
- RFC 803: Type ascription.
- RFC 909: Move
- RFC 921: Entry API v3.
- RFC 940: Disallow hyphens in crate names.
- RFC 968: Tweak closure return type syntax.
- Add std::env::concurrency_hint.
- Make type ascription expressions lvalues.
- Function pointers reform.
- Allow unstable features in 1.0.
- Would Rust have prevented Heartbleed? Another look. Bascule comes to Rust's defense! /r/rust. HN.
- Rust infrastructure can be your infrastructure.
- Weekly-meetings/2015-03-17. Checked overflow and casts; hyphens in crate names.
- Rust programming language presentation at Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea.
- What is Rust bad at?
- Roguelike game architecture in Rust, parts 1, 2, 3.
- Using Rust from the Unreal engine.
- gfx_scene. High-level rendering for gfx-rs.
- glium project update, march edition.
- html5ever project update: one year!.
- capnproto-rust: error handling revisited. David Renshaw has recently modernized Cap'n'Proto's error handling.
- google-apis-rs has been relased with bindings for many Google APIs.
- rust-backtrace. Klutzy is implementing backtracing in Rust.
- Playform gets voxel terrain and even better voxel terrain.
<mbrubeck> the 5 stages of loss and rust <mbrubeck> 1. type check. 2. borrow check. 3. anger. 4. acceptance. 5. rust upgrade
Thanks to jdm for the tip. Submit your quotes for next week!.